Replacement piece needed

by Stephanie

I was cleaning my sliding screen door and fixed it, too; the one wheel was broken so I replaced both. In order to replace the wheels (which are the spring tension wheels) I had to unscrew this piece that houses the wheels, then screw it back on to the bottom of the door. There are screws holes on both the inside and outside of this piece on both ends. It is u-shaped and fits over the bottom of the door, and fits the entire length. As I said, the spring tension rollers go into this detachable piece and do not go into the door itself. Long story short, I need to replace it and have searched high and low for what it is called or where I can get a replacement piece.

Hi Stephanie;
The piece is called a shoe and its part of a replacement screen door made by Columbia Manufacturing in Gardena, California.

There are usually two shoes, one at the top and one at the bottom.

Columbia Manufacturing Corp.
14400 South San Pedro Street
Gardena, CA 90248

Phone: (310) 327-9300
Fax: (310) 323-9862
Toll Free Phone: (800) 729-3667 x-3973

I checked the website and they only talk about selling the whole door on the accessories page

Give them a call and tell them you need a replacement shoe. They may have glass shops in Illinois that stock spare parts.

Let me know how it works out

Comments for Replacement piece needed

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 28, 2014
by: Stephanie

Thank you! I did contact them and they told me I would need to order a new door as they do not have that piece, which I was hoping to avoid at this time. At least I know what the piece is called, now.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Screen Door Rollers.