Where to find T Moulding, T Gasket or T Spline

by Barry
(Maryland, USA)

Pool table spline

Pool table spline

I have an old pool table made by sears that has a T spline, holding the cloth on the top rails. This is a weird design I have never seen on any other table. Needless to say, there are no parts available from sears.
The dimensions of the spine are 1/4 inch across the top of the T and 1/4 inch in total height. The groove would be 1/8 of an inch wide and 1/4 inch or more deep. I understand that this is somewhat different than screening spine but if you can find a match, I would love to hear. I’m sending a picture for clarity.
Thank you

Comments for Where to find T Moulding, T Gasket or T Spline

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 17, 2023

by: Adrian

Hi Barry;

That is a special T Moulding special ordered by the manufacturer of the Pool Table. It probably was not made by Sears, more likely on of the big manufacturers such as Brunswick.

The closest thing I could find was this trim on Amazon


There are also T Seal Gaskets you can look at on McMaster Carr website:


The best you could hope for is to find something close. Unfortunately you have to buy a few different sizes to find out which works best by trial and error.

These are not really Tee spline, they are called gasket or Tee mouldings and are used in many applications. Another use I have asked about before is the tee moulding used in BMW and Audi wind deflectors but in all of these cases they are a specially made item and finding a suitable match is going to come down to trial and error.

Sorry I cant be more helpful than this

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Screen Spline.