U shaped flat screen spline

by Doug H
(Belleville, IL, USA)

U shaped spline

U shaped spline

I teach high school home main and we did a screen repair for teachers. Students tore out damage screens before I check them and 1 had a spline that I have never seen before and the kids tore it in to little pieces so can't be used. Here is a picture of a piece of it, do you know where I can purchase this, thanks, Doug

Hi Doug, give those students all a high five, they are awesome !

From what I can see from the pictures it appears to be a U shape 3/8" tall and perhaps 1/4" wide.

This first thing that pops into my head is glazing vinyl for patio door glass. Its U shaped and is meant to wrap around the edge of a single pane of glass before the glass is inserted into the patio door frame.

A local glass shop ought to carry this.

Never seen this used a spline before and usually the only way to get custom splines is to order a die and thousands of feet of the stuff.

I think the glazing vinyl made for 3/16" or 1/4" glass should work if you can find one thats close in dimensions.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Screen Spline.