Stripped "sleeve" that screw goes into to hold handle onto door

by Robby
(New York)


I have a sliding glass door with a handle that is loose. I noticed that the handle is attached with two screws, above and below the handle, which screw into little sleeves. The head of the screw is of course on the inside of the door and, when tightened, the outside facing end of the sleeve is set into a cutout in the handle, so that it cannot easily be pried off. It seems that my sleeve is stripped. Is it possible to obtain just new sleeves? Seems like it would be a commodity part, but not sure where to start looking or what exactly to call it. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture yet.

Thanks for your help!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Patio Door Locks.