slide clips for window of storm door

by Debb
(Pensacola, Fl)

I have a metal storm store that has a screen in it, then it has a window that can be slide up and down to control the amount of air you have circulating. The slides in the bottom of the door have broken.

They are controlled by a spring you use your fingers and pull them inward, then when you get to the slot in the door you let it go so the window stays up.
My slides are broken. What are they called and where can I find them. Then is this a repair I can do myself

Hi Deb;

They are called fix clips or panel clips in the window industry.

Check out glass and window repair shops in Penascola you just might find one that stocks different kinds of panel clips suitable for your storm door.

Its best to have the broken part or at least a good picture of the part if you cant get it out of the frame.

Panel clips are very easy to install once you have the sliding window sash panel out.

The whole problem is finding exactly the right part because there are literally hundreds of different panel clips.

And getting the panels out to replace the clips. Thats usually more difficult than replacing the clips.

If you cannot get any help locally send me your pictures and I will see if I have any clips.

Comments for slide clips for window of storm door

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 19, 2017
broken clips
by: Anonymous

I have the same problem. How do you get the broken clips out?

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Storm Door and Window Questions.